+7 (343) 204-93-93
or fill in the feedback form:
- Solid-head cutting head system
- 965 mm (38 in.) conveyor width for standard entry width applications
- Individual motors with direct-drive transmissions to power the cutter, traction, gathering, and hydraulic systems
- Outboard access for motors, gearcases, controllers and other major components to reduce downtime and maintenance costs
- Remote radio control operations, with different frequencies available for multi-machine sections
- OptiDrive AC traction system to provide smooth transmission responsiveness
- Faceboss control platform to facilitate an optimal balance of production rate and cost
- Wethead cooling and wetting system to reduce frictional ignitions and respirable dust levels (optional)
The 14CM15 continuous miner, with a solid-head cutting head system, features a 965 mm (38 in.) conveyor width for standard width entry applications. The 14CM15 comes in multiple models, with various minimum and maximum cutting heights available.
The 14CM15 includes our patented OptiDrive AC electronic system, which is coupled to a compact, all-gear transmission to provide smooth, reliable service. The cutter motor feedback and the traction differential features optimize sump performance even in the most demanding applications. Finally, the brushless AC traction motors are highly reliable and require minimal maintenance.
Joy is known worldwide for the highest performing, most reliable cutter head gear cases in the industry. The 14CM15 includes a solid-head cutting head system, with a variety of cutter bit lacing configurations available.
Our hydraulic manifolds, standard on all continuous miner models, reduce hose assemblies and fitting counts to significantly reduce hydraulic fluid leak points. All serviceable parts for a circuit are in one common location and all pressure check points allow gauge connection/disconnection. Screw-adjusted relief valves are standard, while bolt-on caps permit easy access for troubleshooting/replacement on hydraulic or water segments.
|Maximum cutting height||14CM15CC|
|Minimum cutting height||14CM15CC|
|Minimum tram height||14CM15CC/C|
|Conveyor width||All models||965 mm||38 in.|
|Cutterhead power @950V, 60 Hz||All models||175 kW||235 hp|
|Total machine power @950V, 60 Hz||All models||600 kW||804 hp|
Faceboss control system
Competitive and market pressures mean that you have to produce product at an ever-increasing rate, while always striving to decrease your cost per ton. These goals are only made more difficult by the worsening attributes of available reserves and deteriorating operating conditions.
The Faceboss control system enables your operators to operate equipment at an optimal balance of production rate and cost per ton using a powerful tool set that includes operator assistance tools, automated sequences, advanced diagnostics, machine performance monitoring, and analysis tools. Faceboss is the standard control system platform on all Joy underground mining equipment, which ensures that you receive the same level of optimization for all your Joy equipment.
Joy OptiDrive, an AC variable-frequency drive system, integrates software with the electronic and mechanical systems to provide the following features:
- Increased tram speed: significantly increases the tractive effort available, improving the equipment’s ability to climb gradients and negotiate difficult roadway conditions
- Regenerative braking: supplements the mechanical brakes, allowing them to run cooler with extended wear life; regenerative braking is highly effective at automatically maintaining constant speeds when descending gradients
- Less maintenance: no commutator brushes to inspect and replace mean AC traction motors are typically more reliable, more durable, and require less maintenance than DC traction motors