+7 (343) 204-93-93
or fill in the feedback form:
- Solid-head cutting head system
- 965 mm (38 in.) conveyor width for standard width entry applications
- Ideal for mid- to high-seam applications
- High-voltage capability to provide a significant increase in horsepower to the cutting system
- Individual motors with direct-drive transmissions to power the cutter, traction, gathering, and hydraulic systems
- Outboard access for motors, gearcases, controllers and other major components to reduce downtime and maintenance costs
- Optidrive AC traction system to provide smooth transmission responsiveness
- Wethead cooling and wetting system to reduce frictional ignitions and respirable dust levels
- Faceboss control platform to facilitate an optimal balance of production rate and cost
The 12CM27 continuous miner, with a solid-head cutting head system, features a 965 mm (38 in.) conveyor width for standard width entry applications. The 12CM27, as well as all 12CM series continuous miners, are designed specifically to make efficient use of the additional space available in higher seam heights by offering improved outboard access to all major components.
The 12CM27 is a high-voltage machine (2300V 60Hz (3300V 50Hz)) that provides the ability to transmit more power through a given cable size. Reduced thermal losses in the cutter motors and trailing cables increase the available cutting time almost indefinitely, improving your production levels. The high-voltage capabilities mean that the 12CM27 is typically operated well within its maximum operating limits, which leads to longer motor and electrical component lifespans, reduced maintenance, and lower repair costs.
The 12CM27 includes our patented Optidrive AC traction system, which is coupled to a compact, all-gear transmission to provide smooth, reliable service. The cutter motor feedback and the traction differential features optimize sump performance even in the most demanding applications. Finally, the brushless AC traction motors are highly reliable and require minimal maintenance.
Joy is known worldwide for our ability to provide the highest performing, most reliable cutter head gear cases in the industry. The 12CM27 includes a solid-head cutting head system, with a variety of cutter bit lacing configurations available.
Our hydraulic manifolds, standard on all continuous miner models, reduce hose assemblies and fitting counts to significantly reduce hydraulic fluid leak points. All serviceable parts for a circuit are in one common location and all pressure check points allow gauge connection/disconnection. Screw-adjusted relief valves are standard, while bolt-on caps permit easy access for troubleshooting/replacement on hydraulic or water segments.
|Machine weight||Both models||75,000 kg||165,000 lbs.|
|Maximum cutting height||12CM27E|
|Minimum cutting height||12CM27D|
|Minimum tram height||Both models||1.600 m||63 in.|
|Conveyor width||Both models||965 mm||38 in.|
|Cutterhead power @950V, 60 Hz||Both models||245 kW||328 hp|
|Total machine power @950V, 60 Hz||Both models||750 kW||1004 hp|
Faceboss control system
Competitive and market pressures mean that you have to produce product at an ever-increasing rate, while always striving to decrease your cost per ton. These goals are only made more difficult by the worsening attributes of available reserves and deteriorating operating conditions.
The Faceboss control system enables your operators to operate equipment at an optimal balance of production rate and cost per ton using a powerful tool set that includes operator assistance tools, automated sequences, advanced diagnostics, machine performance monitoring, and analysis tools. Faceboss is the standard control system platform on all Joy underground mining equipment, which ensures that you receive the same level of optimization for all your Joy equipment.
Joy Optidrive, an AC variable-frequency drive system, integrates software with the electronic and mechanical systems to provide the following features:
- Increased tram speed: significantly increases the tractive effort available, improving the equipment’s ability to climb gradients and negotiate difficult roadway conditions
- Regenerative braking: supplements the mechanical brakes, allowing them to run cooler with extended wear life; regenerative braking is highly effective at automatically maintaining constant speeds when descending gradients.
- Less maintenance: no commutator brushes to inspect and replace mean AC traction motors are typically more reliable, more durable, and require less maintenance than DC traction motors